Love Inspired is always seeking new authors and you could be one of them!
Do you have a Christian contemporary romance that celebrates all things Amish? If so, we would love to see it!
We publish clean Christian romances that are 55,00 words, with a faith element. The romance must be the focus of the book, and both the hero and heroine should be Amish (we are open to all sects: Old Order, New Order, Mennonite, etc.). Characters may question their faith within the story, but ultimately both the hero and heroine must remain Amish at the end of the book (we prefer they not leave the community). We also prefer not to see mixed Amish/non-Amish relationships, unless the non-Amish character joins the Amish church at book’s end. As with any other romance, we also are looking for engaging, emotional plots, appealing characters and a happy ending.
Submission dates: Monday, January 9, 2017 – Tuesday, January 31st 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST
What Love Inspired needs to see:
- A cover letter that introduces your book and includes any previous publishing credits, writing contest wins, or affiliations.
- A 3-5 page synopsis. What happens in your book—tell us the key moments, the crucial twists and turns, and how it ends! Show us what drives your story forward, including the internal and external conflicts your hero and heroine face to get to their happily ever after.
- The first chapter of your manuscript (up to 25 pages).
What you get:
- A quick response! Skip the slush pile and hear back from Harlequin within 20 business days after the submission period ends.
- Editorial feedback for every Love Inspired appropriate story received.
- The chance to become Love Inspired’s newest author!
For the full writing guidelines for Love Inspired, check out our page on Submittable here: https://harlequin.submittable.com/submit/29570/love-inspired-55-000-words
Submit your project for #AmishBlitz here: https://harlequin.submittable.com/submit/74329/love-inspired-amishblitz