This is your last chance to submit your contemporary Harlequin Romance submission to get a response, including editorial feedback, by February 21st!
Here’s a quick reminder of what we’re looking for:
- A cover letter that introduces you and your book and includes any previous publishing credits, first chapter and complete synopsis only – no need to have the full manuscript written!
- If we love the voice, we’ll invite you to submit further chapters and work with you on developing your story to its full potential. Please note that requests for additional chapters are not a guarantee of publication.
- For details on how to submit and for full Ts and Cs please go to https://harlequin.submittable.com/submit/104838/harlequin-romance-blitz
- Only one entry per person.
- All entries will receive editorial feedback by Wednesday 21st February 2018.
And here are our top tips on what makes a great Harlequin Romance:
- The heroine, she is key in this series! She needs to be relatable and her story should make the reader wish they were in her shoes!
- The hero is gorgeous, successful and a strong man who is worthy of the heroine.
- Glamourous, aspirational international settings that whisk the reader away.
- Captivating internal emotional conflicts
- These stories are high on emotional and sensual tension but the bedroom stays firmly shut.
- We’re not currently looking for any cowboy/Western-themed stories.
Just because these romances are sweet, it doesn’t mean they can’t be edge-of-the-seat exciting! This is the home of feel-good, entertaining and fresh paced romance.
For further information check out our What We’re Looking For post on the blog, and follow the editorial team, @SheilaHodgsonMR, @cellisharlequin, @EditorBritton and @CarlyMByrne, on Twitter for more helpful hints and tips!
If you’ve ever dreamed about being published, send us your submission. We want to read your story!