The Harlequin Medical Romance Blitz closes TODAY!
This is your last chance to submit your contemporary Harlequin Medical Romance submission to get a response, including editorial feedback, by April 12th!
Here’s a quick reminder of what we’re looking for:
- A cover letter that introduces you and your book and includes any previous publishing credits, first chapter and complete synopsis only – no need to have the full manuscript written!
- If we love the voice, we’ll invite you to submit further chapters and work with you on developing your story to its full potential. Please note that requests for additional chapters are not a guarantee of publication.
- For details on how to submit and for full Ts and Cs please go to
- Only one entry per person.
- All entries will receive editorial feedback by Friday 12th April 2019.
And here are our top tips on what makes a great Harlequin Romance:
- Keep a strong focus on the developing central romance, which unfolds against the backdrop of medical drama.
- But remember that contemporary, international medical settings are integral to the story.
- A Medical hero is at the top of his game. He’s a dynamic and dedicated life-saver that has a heart of gold!
- A Medical heroine is intelligent, professional, warm-hearted and empathetic! She’s everything a modern woman can relate to and aspire to be. And every bit as on-her-game as her hero!
- Innovative internal emotional conflicts.
- These stories have a range of sensuality, from steamy and intensely passionate to warm and tender, but always combined with a high level of emotion.
For further information check out our ‘What We’re Looking For’ blog here (http://bit.ly/2NPc3yN) and follow the editorial team @SheilaHodgsonMR, @cellisharlequin, @EditorBritton and @CarlyMByrne on Twitter for more helpful hints and tips!
If you’ve ever dreamed about being published, send us your submission. We want to read your story!