Read on for our top tips on how to make the most of one of our favorite alpha heroes…
- The Sheikh is as high-fantasy as a romance hero can get, so embrace this freedom and feel that you can really push those limits!
- That said, the reader still needs to be able to understand your hero’s actions– so think about how you can root his motivations in reality. A Sheikh’s power is licence for high-handed behavior…but we always want to care about him, and believe the heroine can too.
- Your Sheikh needs to be more than just a Sheikh! Don’t forget that ‘Sheikh’ is a title, not a ready-made character… Your hero may be royalty, but he also needs to be so much more!
- Of course, a Sheikh has the weight of a kingdom resting on his (broad, muscular) shoulders – so the classic theme of duty vs. desire can be a great place to start with your desert prince!
- However, even when he’s bound by duty, a sexy Sheikh won’t meekly follow his ancestors’ traditions if he doesn’t want to, so think about how you can inject your hero with a delicious rebellious spirit!
- Even if your story mainly takes place outside the Sheikh’s kingdom, don’t miss the opportunity to show the reader your hero in his element – they’ll be eager to see him sweep the heroine to his land!
- Immerse your reader in the unique beauty of the desert. After all, what heroine doesn’t want to be treated to a starlit seduction in the sands?
- Whilst his desert kingdom may be a culture-shock for a heroine from a different world, it’s important that as a 21st century woman that she still wants to spend time there – so think about ways your hero can convince her she’ll live happily ever after there!
- And of course, a Sheikh is never sexier than when he finally meets his match, and discovers that the challenge of ruling a kingdom is nothing compared to the challenge of winning the perfect woman!
- The most satisfying moment for a reader is the one when a Sheikh realizes his true power – that no matter how torn he is between protecting his people and his desire for the heroine…he can do both!
Are you planning to write a sexy Sheikh? Let us know in the comments below!